Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting to uni for free

From now on, I’m doing just that – on a
bike. By estimate, that’ll save me over $250 on tickets this year. That though,
wasn’t my primary reason to look for an alternative – it is actually the
superior alternative. Getting to and from uni by Connex trains wouldn’t be at
all that bad an idea – that is, until you factor in the waiting times and the
unpredictability. By a conservative estimate, I have gotten to classes
late about thrice every two weeks solely due to cancellations and delays.



So I spent fifty  bucks, plus another ten
for a replacement tyre tube; and a morning fixing up the bike – replacing the
tubing in the rear wheel, tuning the gear shift, adjusting where the hinge of
the rear wheel sat to control the wobble, getting my hands all greasy – that sorta
thing. A morning well spent. It is exhilarating to suddenly have a means to get
out and about (too broke for a car) – calls for some exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment