Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Revising Java Concepts

Nothing much exciting here really, except that the study guides distributed were still referring to the old textbook, Horstmann, instead of the new one, Winder & Roberts. So now we're presented with the dilemma of which textbook we should buy. I'm for sticking with the old one unless of course the new one is much better.

Also weekly lab exercises will be assessed, and they will be released online the Friday before, which I find leaves us with slightly under a week to prepare for each one. My request for them to be released more in advance was denied because the lecturer and tutors create them on the fly each week. I forecast that being alright for us for the first few of them, but as they progressively get more complex and therefore time consuming, will become harder and harder to pull off.

No comments:

Post a Comment